EC Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cosmic Storm Assault Union

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Corsica -THav Formations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zero
Administrator
Zero

Corsica -THav Formations Empty
PostSubject: Corsica -THav Formations   Corsica -THav Formations EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:06 pm

I have found out that 19 heroes are way more then enough for my needs. I can't even keep my top 6 heroes loaded with soldiers. I have sacrificed a few of my lower lever heroes to allow myself to recruit new heroes for these events requiring us to hunt devils.

I use the F F H formation with heroes of level 1-3 with level 6 soldiers, I seldom lose even 1 soldier hunting devils as the devils seldom use more than 3 formation slots at that low level. This has helped me minimize troop loss while enjoying the events and keeping my main heroes hidden.

As your heroes increase in levels, the devil troop sizes increase and they begin to use more formation slots. So it is best to dismiss these special devil hunting heroes once they reach level 4.

This is also the ONLY time you should be using just 3 of the 5 formations slots.
Back to top Go down
https://board-ec.forumotion.com
Zero
Administrator
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Corsica -THav Formations   Corsica -THav Formations EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:07 pm

I had a question on this so I will answer with a MM or 2.

Formation is the arrangement or assignment of troops to the 5 slots attaching troops to a hero.

There are 5 slots and you should almost ALWAYS use all 5.

When talking about specific formations, we use letters to shorten up what we are talking about.

F = Full or 40 percent.
H = Half or 20 percent

When assigning troops to a hero, the "REC" button stands for "recommended" which is 40 percent of your troops. A slot with 40 percent troops is supposed to get a fighting bonus. More or less than 40 percent reduces this bonus. This is what we call a "Full" slot.

Problem with that is 80 percent of your troops go into 2 slots leaving only 20 percent for your last 3 slots. A lot of players just stick the remaining 20 percent in the third slot and leave the last 2 slots open. This is okay for hunting devils on the map with low level heroes. But once you get into using higher level heroes, you will always want to use all 5 slots. The exact arrangement of troops depend on what you are using the hero for and other things. I'll try to explain this a bit more in a later MM.

Back to top Go down
Zero
Administrator
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Corsica -THav Formations   Corsica -THav Formations EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:07 pm

First, welcome back all those who have returned. You were all greatly missed. While some of you were away, I sent out a MM about using low level heroes with the F F H formation to hunt devils on the map. I was then asked what the F F H meant, so I followed up with another MM explaining a bit about formations. I am now following that up with 2 more MM's to further explain.

The reason formations matter is because the battles are more than hero vs hero, but rather slot vs slot. So in the first round, you can have as many as 15 seperate battles going on (3 heroes with 5 slots each). As slots are eliminated, you begin to have 2 or more slots vs 1. So it is very important to begin every battle with soldiers in all 5 slots. When going up against another player, always use 3 heroes to give you 15 slots total to fight with.

Lets say you spy a city and they only have a lvl 30 hero with 1050 soldiers. So you are pretty confident that your lvl 35 hero with 1275 soldiers can kill theirs. So you assign soldiers to your hero using the common F F H formation (which is 510/510/255/0/0). You send your hero in and lose. Why? Because they happen to be using the 1 1 H F F formation (which is 1/1/208/420/420).

Example fight to follow.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Administrator
Zero

Here is how the actual battles went with you being the first column and your opponent the second column:

Slot 1: 510 vs 1
Slot 2: 510 vs 1
Slot 3: 255 vs 208
Slot 4: 0 vs 420
Slot 5: 0 vs 420

You win slot 1 battle, 1 kill, no losses.
You win slot 2 battle, 1 kill, no losses.
You win slot 3 battle, 140 kills, 85 lost.

Fight seems to be going in your favor, huh? Here is the problem. There is no one to fight against your opponents 4th and 5th slot. So they get free hits on your 3 slots.

You lose slot 4 battle, 0 kills, 210 lost from 1st slot.
You lose slot 5 battle, 0 kills, 210 lost from 2nd slot.

End of round 1, you have lost 505 soldiers and your opponent has lost only 142. It is now your 770 vs their 908 soldiers. You both now have soldiers spread out in 3 slots and the fight is more even now, but sadly you having less soldiers will end up losing a battle you should have won.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsica -THav Formations   Corsica -THav Formations Empty

Back to top Go down

Corsica -THav Formations
Page 1 of 1